A rapidly growing, global high-tech manufacturer with strong R&D function, had been operating quietly and growing moderately on a sizable campus in Connecticut. Due to shifts in locations of production lines and substantially increased demand for products, their staffing needs were about to skyrocket from a level of thirty-five hires per year to sixty hires per month. The HRC was asked to develop and guide the HR restructure and design and implementation of a recruitment strategy that would support this sizable growth.
Within six months, The HRC team:
- identified the Company’s competitive edge in a tight labor market;
- coached the executive team on a rapid growth communications strategy and needs;
- developed a recruitment marketing strategy and branding as well as recruitment and onboarding methodology and tools;
- partnered with an advertising agency to create a repetitive, large-scale market exposure based on our branding research findings;
- developed and implemented an efficient and effective recruitment and selection process including applicant tracking, a job-posting system, standardized interviewing, reference-checking, and selection feedback; and
- created a three-year futuristic structure for the HR organization to support this growth which was supported by its global headquarters HR function.
The system and tools developed by The HRC exceeded the Company’s expectations and facilitated a hiring rate of more than eighty hires per month while maintaining a low turnover rate. In January 2001 this client was awarded one of Connecticut’s most prestigious business awards for their “strategy to grow and profit through excellence in customer satisfaction, quality, and lean enterprise, doubling revenues and square footage of production facilities and tripling their workforce.”